Early Heating Rebates from Mass Save are back!
Rebates are available for replacing inefficient heating equipment. Replacing a natural gas boiler that is over 30 years old could generate a rebate up to $3,500.00. Replacing an oil boiler that is over 30 years old generates rebates up to $1,900.00.
Of course, Mass Save has some eligibility requirements to receive heating rebates: fuel switching/conversion (ie oil to gas) is NOT eligible for this offer, customer must complete a Mass Save home energy assessment or site visit prior to replacing the heating equipment, and the rebate form must be completed and submitted by the deadline. For a full list of Mass Save heating rebates eligibility requirements, click here.
The Mass Save Home Energy assessment is a valuable tool to learn other ways to use energy more efficiently. And, you may also be eligible for the Mass Save HEAT Loan program! If eligible, you can apply for a 0% loan to help you make qualified energy efficient home improvements. You could qualify for up to $25,000.00 with terms up to 7 years, depending on your situation.
If your equipment does not meet the minimum age requirement or is non-functional, you may still qualify for our standard rebates up to $1,600, referenced at the pages below:
- Gas boiler or furnace
- Oil or propane boiler or furnace
- Electric central air conditioning or central heat pump
Heating Rebates Eligibility Requirements
Natural Gas, Oil and Propane Heating Systems:
- Fuel switching/conversion (i.e. oil to gas) is NOT eligible for this offer.
- Distribution change/conversion (i.e. forced hot air to forced hot water) is NOT eligible for this offer.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential natural gas or electric customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid or Unitil.
- Municipal Electric customers must heat with natural gas provided by a participating Gas Utility.
- Customer must complete a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment or Site Visit prior to replacing their heating equipment. The existing equipment must be functional and fueled by natural gas, propane, or oil. A boiler must be at least 30 years old, while a furnace must be at least 12 years old.
- Qualifying equipment must be installed and completed Rebate Form and other required documentation must be submitted by the installation and submission deadlines.
- Equipment must be installed within a 1–4 unit home.
- Customers receiving the Early Heating Equipment Replacement Rebates are NOT eligible for any other Mass Save or GasNetworks heating and cooling equipment rebates on installed equipment; however, customers are eligible to apply for 0% financing through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program.
- Rebate is only valid for installations between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Rebate must be submitted by January 31, 2018.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
I&C Mechanical, Inc. can install a high efficiency boiler. We also have someone to help you navigate the Early Heating Rebates program. We give free estimates and can research the rebate program to make sure that the selected equipment meets or exceeds the efficiency requirements. Our business is fully licensed and insured, and we have been in business since 2003. We service the entire Boston and north shore. Please give us a call at 617-908-5780 and we would be happy to help you improve the energy efficiency of your home and help you put a little cash back in your pocket.